Our Letters Before Action start from £5.00 plus vat.


Property Litigation Solicitors

At Lane and Co, our property litigation solicitors specialise in Debt Recovery of non-payment of Rental Debt. We can also assist you in all areas of commercial and residential landlord and tenant litigation.

We act for home owners, landlords and tenants to help with any property related disputes. 

Our experienced Property Litigation Solicitors can offer advice on the most commercially effective way to resolve your dispute and will deal with your matter efficiently and in a cost effective manner.

Our services include but are not limited to:

  • Possession and Rent Recovery, including service of notices under Section 8 and Section 21 of the Housing Act 1988
  • Disputes concerning deposits
  • Rent and Service Charge recovery for commercial landlords
  • Possession of commercial properties. Important: Landlords you are advised to contact us before demanding any rent, as you may risk waiving your right for forfeiture of your lease.
  • Boundary disputes

Please contact a member of our Property Litigation team to discuss your needs in more detail.

Latest Testimonial/Case Study

Alternative Debt Dispute Resolution Case Study

This case study shows how alternative debt dispute resolution techniques bought the debtor to the table, leading to a successful outcome for our client who was owed £67,000, without the time and expense of Court proceedings....

Contact us today to discuss your matter in confidence.


There Are Four Key Stages That We Follow In The Rent And Property Recovery Process

property litigation

We issue a Letter Before Action to the Tenant which states the value of the arrears, and the right to proceed with possession of the property if the arrears are not paid. In most cases the arrears are paid and we do not take the matter further.

eviction notice

We will prepare and serve the relevant notice(s) on your Tenant if they continue to stay in arrears. This should be enough to get them to leave.

possession proceedings

On expiry of the notice(s) if the Tenant has not complied you will need to apply for a Possession Order via the County Court.

property litigation solicitors

If the Tenant does not leave on or before the date on the Possession Order, we will arrange for a bailiff to remove the Tenant.

What We Do Best

  • Claiming Late Payment Charges
  • Enforcement
  • Disputed Claims
  • Property Litigation
  • Foreign & Overseas Collections
  • Alternative Dispute Resolution
  • Terms & Conditions Consultation

What Our Client’s Say